Even though Android’s revenue from app downloads pales in comparison to that of iOS, the sheer number of Android devices cannot be ignored, especially if reaching a broad audience is business requirement or goal. In the U.S. smartphone market, comScore recently ranked Android as the top smartphone platform with 44.8 percent market share; Apple secured the #2 position, accounting for 27.4 percent of the smartphone market.
Catch up on the latest Android news with the articles below.
- Android gains 56% of smartphone market share in Q3 –FierceMobileContent (11/15/11)
- Hands-on with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich –CNET (11/17/11)
- Google enters the digital music market with the launch of Google Music –VentureBeat (11/17/11)
- 13% of Android users (26 million) won’t get Google Music –The Next Web (11/17/11)
- Android hits 200 million activations, up from 100 million 6 months ago –InformationWeek (11/17/11)
- Android app market earns only 7% of what Apple makes –Fortune (11/21/11)
- Nearly a quarter of iPhone users in the UK wish they would’ve gone with an Android smartphone –Product Reviews (11/21/11)
- Infographic details the evolution of the Android market –IntoMobile (11/21/11)