For the first time in history, technology is nearly inseparable from personal, consumer, business, employee, government, and education activities. What is truly transformational about this epic transition, isn’t the apps, the platforms, or the exploding number of devices. This change is about connection, exponential connection that affects everything in the world around us—how we communicate, learn, interact, and generally make our way through life. All organizations, large and small, must evolve to add value in this new world or face extinction.
The secret to survival is to stop thinking that the end-goal of digital has anything to do with a device. And start thinking about the end goal of becoming connected, integrated, and efficient. At Deloitte Digital, it’s what we call the Intuitive Enterprise. To become one requires a systematic, holistic re-orchestration of people, processes, and technology in a way that addresses new threats and opportunities found in the many disruptors of our day.
Digital technology can provide the tools to do all this and more. It enables:
- Ability to take advantage of disruptors before being disrupted
- Development of ecosystems to forge relationships and invent new ways of doing things
- Creation and delivery of engaging experiences that surprise and delight customers
- Ability to connection, influence, build trust across any platform or any device
- Ability to broaden data creation sources and increase level of data
- Extended opportunities for commerce and speed
- Transparency and access
- Interaction patterns, frequency, location
- Increased efficiencies in supply and demand chains to create value
It’s all rooted in exponential connection. But it can only gain value from those opportunities if we think of digital strategy through the lens of corporate strategy. That means, when a business truly “does digital right,” all of their people have the information they need at their fingertips and are able to offer their customers better service, and a more satisfying experience every single time, at every single touch point.
When you get down to it, that’s just a well-run business. Digital is what makes it possible—and personal—at scale.