NYU Langone Health - #TheBestOutcomes
In a category where quality is table stakes, NYU Langone Health (NYULH) needed a campaign that spoke to people in a human way—and distinguished them from the other health systems in the country. The NYULH culture is their differentiator, and it's this culture that drives the exceptional things they do—day in and day out—and yields the best outcomes and top accolades, ultimately putting them in a category of one.
Deloitte Digital crafted a campaign that shows patients why culture matters when choosing a hospital. From going to great lengths to deliver a heart to a transplant patient, to meeting patients where they live by bringing quality care to Long Island, to moving into Sunset Park to serve underserved communities in Brooklyn, we showed how NYU Langone's culture of excellence in patient care, research, and education drives the best outcomes. This campaign elevated the NYULH brand to a category of one, and created intrigue with executions across digital, print, out-of-home advertising, and social.
We also created a film that told the story of one patient, humanizing NYULH’s best-in-class transplant program. After she was turned away by other hospitals for a heart transplant, Phyllis Weissblum felt they were sending her home to die. She was deemed too old and the case too complex. NYULH welcomed her, and Phyllis received a successful heart transplant after just two days on the waitlist. To celebrate Phyllis’ 75th birthday, we surprised her with the film, "Hearts for Phyllis," which tells her transplant story, and encouraged viewers to give her as many hearts ("likes") as possible across social media.
Our campaign for NYULH resulted in a record number of appointments in January 2022, one month after launch, with social results 243% above benchmarks and a video completion rate of over 70%.
Our surprise social media film received over 100,000 hearts ("likes") for Phyllis after no other hospital would give her one. When Phyllis saw the film, she responded on social media, saying, “Thank you Dr. R for accepting me that night. It was a miracle that brought me to NYU the best team in the world. Love you all! 💜”
NYULH is continuing to deliver #TheBestOutcomes, recently being named the #1 hospital in New York and #3 in the nation.¹
Debbie Cohn, interim senior vice president, communications & marketing, NYU Langone Health
Video completion rate in January
Above social benchmarks in March
YouTube views since launch
- 2022 MM+M Awards: Use of Customer Experience Marketing (Gold)
- 2022 MM+M Awards: Corporate Branding Campaign (Gold)
- 2022 MM+M Awards: Data Platform (Gold)
- 2022 MM+M Awards: Connected TV Advertising Campaign (Gold)
- 2022 MM+M Awards: Multichannel Campaign (Large Product Size) (Gold)
- 2022 MM+M Awards: Use of Data/Analytics or Innovation (Silver)
- 2022 MM+M Awards: Consumer Print Campaign (Finalist)
- 2022 Clio Health Awards: Digital/Mobile/Social Media Craft – Sound Design (Silver)
- 2022 Clio Health Awards: Film Craft Sound Design (Silver)
- 2022 Clio Health Awards: Film Craft Cinematography (Bronze)
- 2022 Creative Floor Awards: Film Individual (Shortlisted)
- 2022 Creative Floor Awards: Social Media (Shortlisted)
- 2022 Creative Floor Awards: Sound Design (Shortlisted)
- 2022 Creative Floor Awards: Cinematography (Finalist)
- 2022 AME Awards: Creativity for Positive Impact, Promotion of Health & Human Services